A DEEPER NEED


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part three of a ten poem story-arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)


A DEEPER NEED

The fire that now consumes--
Smoke from the inferno within,
Steam from the Devil's nostrils...
To give my angst its share,
To manifest my lust's intent.
No scourge or cross I bear
Left those scratches across my skin.
You are the mark I wear,
My brand, my badge, my sigil...
The scorchmarks on my tomb.
.............(I don't need love,
.............And I don't need you.
.............I need something inside...
.............Something that you do.)

I share the air you breathe,
Kiss the ground on which you walk...
Though, those same heels bruise my back.
This is the nature of sin,
And the key that could unlock
The chains that I'll lock again.
And it comes as no great shock
That I'm back in love, but then...
It's not out of love I act,
But rather, out of need.
.............(I don't need what's in you,
.............And I don't need what's in me.
.............I never needed love...
.............I just need to fill my need.)



)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links