KINGDOM OF BILE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(#4 in the Unclean Things series)


KINGDOM OF BILE


In the Hour of Trial,
It’s only nine past three.
Led by base denial,
I will depart from Thee.
And when you see me waver,
I ask you to recall
Your fear of granting favors…
Or anything at all.

Wild, forbidden pleasures,
Her vain, worldly charms…
The most tempting treasures
Spread to work me harm.
Bring to your remembrance
God’s monopoly-
A chasm of circumstance
Burns eternally.

As God’s mercy sent me
Sorrow, toil, and woe,
New angels attend me-
Angels far below.
Granted, I may never
Walk among the free…
Granted, I am ever
Running from the Key.


(Note: this is partially based around an old Lutheran hymn called "In The Hour Of Trial").

)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links