CLOVEN HOOF


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part two of a ten poem story-arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)


CLOVEN HOOF

The sorrow that so fills me...
Embers and envy in my voice.
Longing for far more
Than alotted freedom of choice,
In what my fevered body needs...
Longing for far more
Than bureau-theocracy...
.............(And may God above forgive me,
.............As gods below stand poised...)

But all I ever wanted
Was a say in the election.
Needing for far longer
Than patience lends protection,
Than courage lends the haunted...
Needing for far longer
To ravage that which taunted.
.............(God, all I ever wanted...
.............Cancer-free confections.)

May all that I remember
Be the lessons of the hunt...
Something better...something more.
And should I find more than I want,
Then I pray return to sender.
Something better? Something more?
And may my soul be legal tender.
.............(In my soul's snowcapped December,
.............Behind me, cloven tracks run.)



)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links