THEFT OF VIRTUE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part one of a ten poem story-arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)


THEFT OF VIRTUE
(Mammals, pt. 1)


I'd almost saved her...
And then the addiction hit.
She'd offered me her hand;
I stared, and then I licked it.
God loves, I lusted.
In God I trusted.
He desired her soul...
But I desired her flesh.
To Hell with all the rest...
Hell has now one more--
Heaven, one less.
.............(I believe in God above, my Love.
.............It is all I have ever known.
.............I believe He made us all...
.............But we're still mammals, you know.)


With angels watching
(Taking turns retching),
The Dark Ones smirking--
Even worse lurking,
We had thrown an empire:
I was the king, and she the queen.
And after passion's fire,
Princes spilt upon the ground.
I thought, as the dust globbed and gleamed:
From dust Man came--
In the dust, he's once more found.
.............(I still believe in God, my dear;
.............And I pray His love can save.
.............I believe we shall find out...
.............We're just mammals, anyway.)




)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links