IDOLATRY


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part six of a ten-poem story arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)


IDOLATRY

I looked and then I lusted,
As an elder object of worship
Was gone from sight (and thus, from mind).
As steel faith within rusted,
I would steal faith and more that night.
It was idolatry...
Once-sailing love, now a sinking ship--
As a veil within me swiftly ripped.
My new goddess before me
Began to dance, to sway, to strip...

The day love was accosted--
That day the demons swore to me,
"God is love, and love is for all!"
I wept because I'd lost it.
The wild had more to do than call.
Idolatry? Adultery?
It's all the same, honestly...
I betrayed one angel freely
On a silken, rumpled altar
Before the God who sent her to me.


)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links