RAINBOW OVER SODOM


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part five of a ten poem story-arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)


RAINBOW OVER SODOM

The fear of Hell is second only
To the fear of regret and debt--
To the fear of fear itself...
Love is the second death.
You, my love, my lust, my reverie
Could inflict it with a kiss...yet,
Kiss it away in beauty, stealth.
Love, the gamble; self, the gambit...
A crevice, a crescendo, and careswept cascades.
I don't want to be a friend; I want to be afraid.

Desire is much like drowning;
Your gaze, much like the stinging rain.
Your curves? The hills on the downward spiral.
I feel like falling down again.
A cry inside resounding,
That something else within me reigns...
(And if it doesn't love you, then I will.)
As the fear of consequence wanes,
Your smile waxes blissful, if not well-worn--
A rainbow over Sodom after the storm.


)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links