MOANING PHAROAHS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Part ten of a ten-poem story-arc. From the "Carnal Forgeries" series.)



MOANING PHAROAHS
(Mammals, Pt. 2)

I'm alone again, but then, you know.
And in the end, I've learned
That nothing is worth the plunge.
Madness is a dead ringer for love,
The laughing tsar, a moaning pharoah,
The second death that's burned
Since Eve offered Adam lunch,
And all we are ever dreaming of.

The damage that is due--the damage done,
And the scars across my back,
The eyes that seek to spite me...
All the product of another will,
Another mind and its dominion.
Yet I longed for its attack,
The scapegoat that it lends me.
It's the sweetest drug, the bitter pill.

We are the children of God, some say.
Only a Father would know.
We're given to what heaven sent,
And the pain of feeling alone.
We're only mammals, anyway...
Controlled by the voice we know:
Nature's call, scent of decent,
The midnight cry, the pharoah moan.


)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links