TRIUNE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(taken from THE PULLING DOWN OF STRONGHOLDS)



TRIUNE

I tried renewing my mind.
I just got my license revoked.
I tried to breathe the “Breath of God.”
I inhaled until I cried.
I inhaled until I choked.
The breakfast of champions
Was cold turkey and sour grapes.
I could never be like them;
I could never clean my plate.
.............(One prayer for the spirit that broke free too often,
.............One bullet for the flesh that will sleep in a coffin,
.............A fire burns for the soul that has begun to soften…
.............Hallelujah, I’m triune.)

I put blood on my doorpost;
I scattered ashes on the steps.
I don’t know about the Death Angel,
But the mailman won’t come close.
Signs of the Apocalypse
Say “Billions and billions served.”
When faith became a commercial,
I began to channel-surf…
From revival to bacchanal.
.............(One prayer for the spirit that was never chosen,
.............One bullet for the flesh that will soon be frozen,
.............A fire burns for the soul that iniquity grows in…
.............Hallelujah, I’m triune.)

In reverse, “live” became “evil,”
And “living” became a sin.
I felt smothered by what covered—
But the quickening that strangled
Was the caffeine kicking in.
Some don’t believe in Hell.
Some can’t afford to, I guess.
A real God wouldn’t sell…
Try to find to one in this mess.
.............(One prayer for the spirit that’s forgotten Heaven,
.............One bullet for the flesh that’s become dead within,
.............A fire burns for the soul that the Truth won’t set in…
.............Hallelujah, I’m triune.)


)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links