THE AMEN CORNER


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(taken from "THE PULLING DOWN OF STRONGHOLDS)


THE AMEN CORNER

You've strangled enough with your healing hands.
On a canvas of soul,
You've drawn only a blank--
And if blanks could shoot holes,
Then you could make me whole.
The Devil may care, but I understand:
You're on a highway to Hell,
And he has fixed your brakes.
You were showered with praise--
It didn't help; you still smell.
We followed your flies to the Promised Land.

You built a gospel ship while we swabbed the deck.
And when men of God fell down,
The amen corner looked,
But never uttered a sound...
Just the whine of gloryhounds
(Followers' followers--the "sect" in "insect").
Now you fish for compliments?
It's your mouth on the hook.
So take a second look
At your second-hand sacraments--
At the Last Supper, you left us with the check.

)+(

|

About me

  • I'm GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN
  • From Hell, Arrakis, United States
  • "If words could kill a man, I'd bury you."
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links